Dan finally convinced me to take golf classes this summer so I've been hitting the driving range two days a week at 8am to hit 100+ balls. It has actually been a ton of fun and our teacher has been great - giving me lots of tips and drills since I'm not as advanced as the rest of the class. The Stanford golf course is beautiful and offers great rates for students ($13 vs $117 for non-students) so Dan and I have been going once a week for the last three weeks along with some other friends. Needless to say, my scores have been pretty horrible (112!!) but I figure I can only get better. Last night on the 17th hole ( a par-3) I finally got my first par ... yay! Let's see if next time I can get two pars ... and not so many double, triple, or quadruple bogeys.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Kat's first par!
Dan finally convinced me to take golf classes this summer so I've been hitting the driving range two days a week at 8am to hit 100+ balls. It has actually been a ton of fun and our teacher has been great - giving me lots of tips and drills since I'm not as advanced as the rest of the class. The Stanford golf course is beautiful and offers great rates for students ($13 vs $117 for non-students) so Dan and I have been going once a week for the last three weeks along with some other friends. Needless to say, my scores have been pretty horrible (112!!) but I figure I can only get better. Last night on the 17th hole ( a par-3) I finally got my first par ... yay! Let's see if next time I can get two pars ... and not so many double, triple, or quadruple bogeys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment