Friday, August 22, 2008

Hydesville, CA


While I was lucky enough to be taking a final exam from 7-10pm last Friday night (isn't that ridiculous!) Dan picked up his two younger brothers from the airport and headed up north to see Tina (Dan's mom). They made it there safely by one o-clock in the morning and settled into Tina's "new" house. It is an absolutely adorable old pink cottage out in the country of Northern California complete with white gazebo and palm tree.

The dogs have a great yard to run around and tear up. There are tons of beautiful flowers and besides taking the dogs to the beach and gambling at the local casino, the boys did some great yard work to help clean the place up. The weekend ended with a berry-picking extravaganza where from the look of the scratches I think Dan dove head first into the thorny bushes. However, his effort was well rewarded with a delicious homemade blackberry crisp which I was lucky enough to get a piece of brought back to me (yes ... it actually survived the whole ride down to the bay area without being eaten!). All in all the boys had a great weekend and I can't wait to visit Tina's cute pink house in the near future.

No comments: