We ventured into San Francisco with some of our neighbors today to try out some Ethiopian food and check out the San Francisco Modern Art Museum (MOMA). The Ethiopian food was delicious and a lot of fun to eat. They put a big round platter in the middle of the table with all of the food and then you use sour pancakes to eat it with your hands.

I entered MOMA with pretty low expectations but although there were a few pieces such as "Three White Panels" (self-explanatory) that I really don't understand, they had a few exhibits that I thought were pretty cool. The exhibit "Brought to Life" had beautiful pictures of some of the original pictures taken of snow flakes through microscopes, amazing lightning shots, x-rays, and a lot of other more scientific pictures that I wouldn't have classified as modern art.

Just about when I was getting tired of looking at art they also had the "Art of Participation" exhibit which was a great break for just looking and actually getting to play with some "art." My favorite was the giant golden bead curtain.

No comments:
Post a Comment