Saturday, November 1, 2008
Pumpkin Carving
I've always thought of pumpkin carving as a traditional activity that most of us have done annually since we were young enough to dig gooey seeds out of a pumpkin. However, the majority of foreign students in our building have never carved pumpkins before which makes a night of careful pumpkin design and hacking all the more interesting. Dan and I picked up about 25 pumpkins from Safeway the day before along with some giant pumpkin pies and plenty of whip cream. It didn't take long for our small lobby to completely fill up with newspaper spread everywhere, seeds flying around, and some very intricate pumpkins being carved.
Dan and I went for the classic smiley faces (guess whose is whose).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved that happy pumpkin!
nice to see new Barnes' residents!
what about your costumes?
Post a Comment