While Dan has been out of town chasing his deer I went down to SF for the day on Sunday (it seems like I only go up there when he is out of town ... too much city I think). A few of my more ambitious friends ran the Bridge to Bridge early in the morning while the rest of us made a trip to Tartine for yummy morning pastries. After picking up the runners we headed across the city and over the bridge to Treasure Island to watch the dragon boat races. I wasn't quite sure what to expect at this festival but it was entertaining watching the long, skinny boats with dragon heads paddled furiously down the course. They had divisions for everyone from high school to companies.
After the festival we headed back into the city where we met up with my friend from Colorado, Caryn, who happened to be in town for some training this coming week. We went to the "Stinking Rose" for dinner ... a place infamous for its excessive use of garlic .... and it was delicious. Obviously we hadn't had enough food for the day so we made one more stop at a small bakery in Chinatown for their egg custards which came fresh out of the oven ... delicious! Every time I go to the city I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoy it but by the end of the day I am just as excited to get out and go home - nice place to visit but I still don't think I could live up there.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment