Monday, October 20, 2008

Wieners & Losers

Dan and I hosted the Escondido Village tennis and 3v3 basketball tournament this past Saturday. We had a great turnout with 6 basketball teams and over 30 tennis players. We only had three tennis courts so it took a while to get through all the games but I think everyone had a good time and there were some pretty good games. Dan played in both the basketball and tennis tournaments and did great in both but lost in the end.

We decided to keep our losing tradition going on Sunday as we went to the #4 Stanford vs. #5 Cal volleyball game. It was a really close match but Stanford just doesn't look as strong as they did last year. I find the student support here so disappointing sometimes .... I think there were more Cal students at the game then Stanford students! After the game we went to an Oktoberfest on campus where we ate some amazing sausage and pretzels and listened to a funny band of old German men. Once we were stuffed full of wieners we figured it was a good time to play our IM ping-pong match. Unfortunately this ended just like every other sport this weekend but we had a great time playing once we figured out how to get out of eachothers way (you have to alternate hits). All in all not too successful of a weekend but it still went by way too fast.

No comments: